The Gibb Group Property Scholarship provides encouragement and support for talented commencing UniSA property students. Recipients will receive a three-year scholarship valued at up to $15,000.
The recipient will benefit from work experience with Gibb Group at any office. Locations are Perth, Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Rockhampton or Townsville.
The work experience component is designed to provide the recipient with exposure to a dynamic Australian property developer and asset manager, specialising in industrial logistics property, suburban office and business park space.
The timing and duration of the work experience will be agreed between the Gibb Group and the recipient. It is generally expected that the duration will be for a minimum of five working days. The scholarship includes $1,500 to offset travel and accommodation expenses incurred by the recipient.
The work experience may form part of the Commerce Practicum elective available to final year students, subject to approval by the relevant Program Director or Course Coordinator. It is not a requirement that the recipient select the Commerce Practicum elective; it is merely an option available.
Eligibility and selection criteria:
- Australian citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or international student
- Enrolled in the Bachelor of Business – Property (DBPY)
- Commencing full-time student
- Academic merit (ATAR of 80 or above inclusive of any adjustment factors)
- Submission of a written statement
Applicants are required to provide a written statement (maximum 500 words) detailing:
- Reasons for studying their UniSA property program and how the degree supports their aspirations including career goals.
- Academic achievements including ATAR and subjects studied in year 12.
- Work history, community involvement and extracurricular activities.
- Willingness to undertake work experience with the Gibb Group at any office at a mutually agreed time.
The selection panel will review shortlisted candidates and select a recipient. Shortlisted applicants will be required to attend an interview.
If‚ in the view of the selection panel‚ no applicant is sufficiently meritorious‚ no award shall be made.
The scholarship will be awarded based on academic achievement, relevant skills offered and passion for the program, as demonstrated in the written statement and interview.
Students may be in receipt of another scholarship or grant administered by UniSA.
Value: up to $15,000
up to $13,500 (up to $4,500 per year for a maximum of three years)
Payment will be in instalments:
- $2,250 (paid after Study Period 2 census date)
- $2,250 (paid after Study Period 5 census date)
$1,500 paid upon agreement of work experience at one of the Gibb Group offices
How to apply: 24 January 2020 – 8 March 2020 via my Scholarships
In addition to applying online, applicants are required to provide a written statement, as outlined above, to Scholarships.Prizes@unisa.edu.au
For more information‚ contact:
Tel: 1300 301 703