Gibb Group (working with builder/developer Qanstruct) won the right to develop the Customs Detector Dog Facility following an extensive public tender process. The facility encompassed some 23 buildings set across 9 Ha of land.
- Secured a 15 year A$25m pre-lease with the Commonwealth of Australia (represented by the Australian Customs & Border Protection Service).
- The project was completed in December 2011.
- The development comprises a 8.9 hectare site with approximately 3,300 sqm of dog kennels, multiple dog day runs, several houses simulating typical residential homes and a simulation/training building of 1,180 sqm with mock airport baggage handling facilities.
- The site also hosts a kennel support hub of circa 980 sqm inclusive of veterinarian facilities in addition to a 1,650 sqm administration facility.
- Gibb Group negotiated the lease, arranged construction and investment finance, continue to managed the development on behalf of its client and have provided ongoing asset management services post completion.